Tuesday, August 26, 2014

"Sometimes dead is better"

   Ooooh I'm so excited about this post! Pet Sematary by Stephen King might just be my favorite novel of his that I've read.  I will for sure post more about the glorious King over time, but Pet Sematary was the first of his work that I read, so I figured it would be well suited for my first King post.

   When Dr. Louis Creed moves to a small town in Maine with his wife, daughter, infant son, and the family cat, all seems well until they discover a cemetery deep within the woods in their backyard, where neighborhood children would bury their dead pets.  Trauma is no stranger to the Creeds, as you'll learn when you enter the lives of Louis and his wife, Rachel.  Soon, however, things start to go from bad to worse, and eerie things begin to happen now that they've seen the Pet Sematary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Sematary

   I definitely recommend this book to anyone who digs the supernatural or doesn't mind getting a little scared now and then.  This book is definitely creepy.  I am the type of person who loves a good thrill, just look at all the scary movies I've seen.  So if you are like me, you will love Pet Sematary.

   My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

   You can purchase Pet Sematary by Stephen King here , here, or here

   Happy reading!

   -Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment